Monday, January 21, 2013

The New Year

New Years was very relaxed. We went to dinner with our new friends and neighbors and just hung out. Granny C and Pappy came over to stay the night. Of course, Howie and I fell asleep at 11 and missed the ball drop...Oh well :)

Since New Years however, I was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma and had to have that removed on my face. (today) I have a bit of a headache as I type. I'll make it through though ;)
I have quite the wound!

Also, I found out my friend and colleague is moving home to North Dakota. I am SO sad. I CANNOT imagine teaching without her by my side. I already feel an emptiness and she isn't even gone yet. I know we will remain friends, but she won't just be right down the hall. As many of you know my other "person" was hit by a car and is out until healed. I really really miss days past with the three of us laughing at the world and lifting up one another's spirits. I wonder why God works as he does sometimes. I am so thankful that A is making such a recovery. She never ceases to amaze me. I will be forever grateful that she and her family survived.

It is never good to start a new year feeling broken so I am trying my hardest to just "be happy". I am healthy. My family is healthy. I have a lot to be grateful for and have to stop holding onto the past and just live peacefully in the present. There will always be new challenges and let downs and it makes you the person you are to get past these with grace and perseverance. So with a heavy heart but a head held high...tomorrow is another day. ( and I get the day off b/c of my head)

As a good friend just said, when God gives you shit, make manure and grow a garden. Until next time blog folks...

Beauty of the day: Novocaine and being able to make fun of yourself (my whole head is bandaged and I look like a ninja)

No comments:

Post a Comment